Skip to main content

Critique Reflection

(Submitted on 11/8/18 since I was sick)

For our recreation of the scene from High School Musical, I felt that our process of recreating what was present in the actual scene was one of the better things we did for our project. When comparing our scene to the original, I feel that our shots were lined up very closely to what was originally present. As for what I feel I need to improve on, the main thing would be preparation. There were many points that we should've been more prepared which can be seen in the final film. Since we weren't prepared, some of our shots weren't close to what was seen in the original and some audio issues were present that could've been avoided if we had taken time to prepare before shooting. My strengths for this assignment would probably be my knowledge of the scene and trying to plan by day for what we needed to do. The weakness that I had was not being able manage my group as well as I felt I could. This prevented us from getting work done quickly, making us take longer than we probably needed. If we were to do this assignment again, my plan would be to focus on efficiently recreating the scene with a minimal amount of errors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Production Blog Post 12/6

Over the past couple weeks I have worked to finish my film and complete the post production stage of the project. During this time I filmed a few remaining scenes, edited everything together, and color graded. With the film now being complete, this is my reflection on the post production process. A Change To Dialogue The biggest thing that happened during the final bits of post production has to do with dialogue. Prior to the filming of the remaining scenes, I took a look at the script for those scenes. After reading through the dialogue, I noticed that even after trying to make it seem more natural, it sounded like a script. Then, I re-watched scenes that were shot during production and their dialogue also sounded awful. At this point I wasn't sure how I could re-write dialogue and have it sound good especially with very limited time. Then, I thought about just removing the dialogue, leaving the film as a "silent film". I went back and re-edited what I had already done,

Elements and Principles of Cinematography

Bird's Eye  Curved Lines  Diagonal Lines  Emphasis  Formal Balance  Framing  Horizontal Lines  Informal Balance  Leading Lines  Movement/Rhythm Proportion/Scale  Repetition  Rule of Thirds  Simplicity  Unity  Variety  Vertical Lines  Worm's Eye

End of MP 2 Blog Post