Skip to main content

Pre-Production Blog Post 10/7

After working over the past few weeks to complete the pre-production stage of my project, the following is what I have accomplished.

Releases

The following are the releases that I have collected for this project. Three of these releases are talent releases for the the three actors who will appear in the documentary. These actors are all people who I personally know and are reliable enough to depend on for this project. The other release is a location release. The selected location for this film was my house. With my script being relatively simple and not requiring a large amount of locations, my property should be flexible enough to make the film come to life. Below is a link to pictures of my releases as it is difficult to insert pictures into Blogger without encountering formatting errors.
Releases Link

Storyboard

The storyboard that I have drawn for the documentary gives a basic view of what I would like the final product to look like. There were a few sections on the storyboard that I left vague. The reasoning behind this is because currently I know what I would like to insert in these sections however, I do not know what they should look like and likely won't know until I go and film.
Below is again a link to pictures of my storyboard.

Script

My script for the documentary can be seen below. I do not consider myself a writer, but I feel that this script best represents what I would like to accomplish. I worked to create moments of comedy while also teaching about the focused topic. While I will largely stick to what I have written, I feel that it is likely that I will change and adapt portions of the script to better fit with what I am able to produce. If it is difficult to view the script on Blogger, below is a link to pictures of each page of the script.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Production Blog Post 12/6

Over the past couple weeks I have worked to finish my film and complete the post production stage of the project. During this time I filmed a few remaining scenes, edited everything together, and color graded. With the film now being complete, this is my reflection on the post production process. A Change To Dialogue The biggest thing that happened during the final bits of post production has to do with dialogue. Prior to the filming of the remaining scenes, I took a look at the script for those scenes. After reading through the dialogue, I noticed that even after trying to make it seem more natural, it sounded like a script. Then, I re-watched scenes that were shot during production and their dialogue also sounded awful. At this point I wasn't sure how I could re-write dialogue and have it sound good especially with very limited time. Then, I thought about just removing the dialogue, leaving the film as a "silent film". I went back and re-edited what I had already done,

Elements and Principles of Cinematography

Bird's Eye  Curved Lines  Diagonal Lines  Emphasis  Formal Balance  Framing  Horizontal Lines  Informal Balance  Leading Lines  Movement/Rhythm Proportion/Scale  Repetition  Rule of Thirds  Simplicity  Unity  Variety  Vertical Lines  Worm's Eye

End of MP 2 Blog Post