Skip to main content

MP 1 Reflections

After observing presentations based on what everyone had accomplished over the first marking period, I am able to reflect on everyone's work and determine what I can learn from it.

Dylan's Work

Dylan's presentation showed off his progress on his documentary. His documentary follows the football team throughout the season, including interviews with coaches and players. I found it very interesting to observe the progress of a long term project such as this. It was also interesting to observe how one can go into a project without a fully planned out plan and still end up with a great looking project so far, as shown in his first five minutes.

Auburn's Work

Similar to Dylan, Auburn presented her progress on her documentary which is focused on the military. From the introduction shown, Auburn's documentary follows the fairly standard documentary format. This format includes multiple interviews with related footage located on top of it. Overall, the work Auburn has shown so far as well as her saying how she has filmed over 30 minutes of interview footage has me excited to observe the final product.

Kristina's Work

The film that Kristina had presented for her first marking period presentation was fantastic. Her final product was very well shot really showcased her abilities as a filmmaker. Additionally, it shows that not all projects have to be large in scale. Instead, it shows how a short and simple film can be just as creative and intriguing. To conclude, I was very impressed with Kristina's work and hope to see more like it in the future.

Sofia's Work

Sofia's presentation displayed how much work one person can create over a short period of time. Unlike most of the other students in the class, Sofia did not focus on one larger project for the duration of the marking period. Instead, she created multiple different shorter projects. While each of these short videos are different from the typical content seen from film students, they are still creative and enjoyable to the audience. Additionally, it was interesting to observe her photography skills as well.

Shriya's Work

Lastly, Shriya's work gave me a new perspective for digital art. Prior to this year, I hadn't paid much attention to the animation work created by students. After seeing what Shriya presented, I now see what work is put into creating animations. The ability to create entirely on a computer allows the artist to do things not possible in real life. This can be seen in Shriya's work in order to create complex digital art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Production Blog Post 12/6

Over the past couple weeks I have worked to finish my film and complete the post production stage of the project. During this time I filmed a few remaining scenes, edited everything together, and color graded. With the film now being complete, this is my reflection on the post production process. A Change To Dialogue The biggest thing that happened during the final bits of post production has to do with dialogue. Prior to the filming of the remaining scenes, I took a look at the script for those scenes. After reading through the dialogue, I noticed that even after trying to make it seem more natural, it sounded like a script. Then, I re-watched scenes that were shot during production and their dialogue also sounded awful. At this point I wasn't sure how I could re-write dialogue and have it sound good especially with very limited time. Then, I thought about just removing the dialogue, leaving the film as a "silent film". I went back and re-edited what I had already done,

Elements and Principles of Cinematography

Bird's Eye  Curved Lines  Diagonal Lines  Emphasis  Formal Balance  Framing  Horizontal Lines  Informal Balance  Leading Lines  Movement/Rhythm Proportion/Scale  Repetition  Rule of Thirds  Simplicity  Unity  Variety  Vertical Lines  Worm's Eye

End of MP 2 Blog Post