Skip to main content

Genre Selection

Out of all the genres we learned about through the presentations during class, the two genres that stuck with me the best were the genres of Comedy and Action. The reasons why these two stuck with me the most would be that with Comedy, the creator gets to make not only the audience laugh but themselves as well and Action allows the creator to express the intensity of a scene in ways that make it feel unreal in comparison to real life. As for which genre I would be interested in filming a short for, I would probably lean more towards Action. My reason why would be that while I do enjoy both, Comedy is a difficult skill to master. The genre that I prefer overall however, I would say would be Comedy. I'm most likely drawn to Comedy the most as it's the one genre that most people can agree is enjoyable since most people do enjoy a good laugh. Comedy always seems to make me and others feel happy as if the humor is good then it makes the audience laugh and sometimes even, the humor can be so terrible that it makes you laugh. I think this choice would say that I enjoy making both myself and people around me laugh. There is no directors or writers in particular that I would try to emulate as personally I don't follow the works of any particular person and also that each person has their own sense of humor, making each person's take completely unique.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Production Blog Post 12/6

Over the past couple weeks I have worked to finish my film and complete the post production stage of the project. During this time I filmed a few remaining scenes, edited everything together, and color graded. With the film now being complete, this is my reflection on the post production process. A Change To Dialogue The biggest thing that happened during the final bits of post production has to do with dialogue. Prior to the filming of the remaining scenes, I took a look at the script for those scenes. After reading through the dialogue, I noticed that even after trying to make it seem more natural, it sounded like a script. Then, I re-watched scenes that were shot during production and their dialogue also sounded awful. At this point I wasn't sure how I could re-write dialogue and have it sound good especially with very limited time. Then, I thought about just removing the dialogue, leaving the film as a "silent film". I went back and re-edited what I had already done,

Elements and Principles of Cinematography

Bird's Eye  Curved Lines  Diagonal Lines  Emphasis  Formal Balance  Framing  Horizontal Lines  Informal Balance  Leading Lines  Movement/Rhythm Proportion/Scale  Repetition  Rule of Thirds  Simplicity  Unity  Variety  Vertical Lines  Worm's Eye

End of MP 2 Blog Post