Skip to main content

Advanced Camera Movements

Advanced Camera Movements

Slider Footage:




Use of Technique
The way that I had thought of using the slider in a film would be to either approach or follow our characters as they move. Examples of this could be that we use the slider to move closer to a character as they walk towards the camera or to slide and track characters as they move through the frame.  

Crane Footage:








Use of Technique
I think that we could use the crane in order to establish our characters. We could move the camera on the crane around our characters to allow us to introduce them or to follow pan across them. This would allow us to add movement instead of having a static shot of our characters.

Wide Aperture (Bokeh) Footage:








Use of Technique
I think that we could use wide aperture to make our characters stand out during night scenes. A more "normal looking" shot could make it differentiate our subject from the darkness. However, a wider aperture could make the subject stand out more, allowing us to see them better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Investigation 3/1: The Tools Of Camera Stability

One of the most important aspects of cinematography that goes commonly unnoticed is having the camera steady. Even a slight amount of movement within a shot can pull the audience away from the film, so it is important to attempt to have shots. There are multiple different ways that you can use to stabilize your camera, some of which are more effective than others. Tripod Using a tripod is the easiest way to stabilize the camera while filming. By having three points of contact with the ground, a tripod keeps the camera extremely stable. The camera would likely only move due to very large movements on the ground or strong winds. The one downside to using a tripod is that it has to remain stationary. If the required shot involves moving around, a tripod can likely not be used. Overall, the tripod is the easiest, simplest, and cheapest way to keep your camera steady. (Image Source) Shoulder Rig A shoulder mount is one way to keep the camera stable while also being able to mov...

Inglourious Basterds Review

What is a Spaghetti Western: Spaghetti Western is a sub-genre of the Western Genre which originally formed in the 1960's. Spaghetti Westerns are typically directed by an Italian with actors comprising of Germans, Italians, Spaniards, and Americans. Films that are considered to be apart of the Spaghetti Western sub-genre typically have less dialogue while focusing more on action. The action in the films are overly violent in comparison to other Western films which could cause censorship issues.  Why did Tarantino use this genre for a WWII Film: A possible reason as to why Tarantino chose Inglourious Basterds to be a Spaghetti Western rather than a war film could be for the film to be focused more of character interaction than the large scale violence seen in war films. In Inglourious Basterds, the audience does get to experience the second World War through the words and actions of real people rather than soldiers fighting in a war. Violence is still included at points...

Investigation 5/10: My Brief Introduction To After Effects

Learning to use After Effects is something that I always planned on eventually doing. I still do intend on learning everything I would need to know about After Effects, but I have already experienced a brief introduction to using after effects. Background The reason that I started using After Effects was to create a meme. The meme that I wished to create my own interpretation of the video "Patrick on a seahorse listening to fly me to the moon". The original video is a modified version of the ending credit sequence of the anime  Neon Genesis Evangelion  in which the character Patrick Star of the children's television show Spongebob Squarepants  rides atop of a seahorse while the song Fly Me To The Moon  (originally sung by Frank Sinatra) plays in the background. After coming across this meme, I felt that I wanted to create my own version of it using a video that had previously been recorded. The problem that I encountered however, was that the video was not record...