Skip to main content

Advanced Camera Movements

Advanced Camera Movements

Slider Footage:




Use of Technique
The way that I had thought of using the slider in a film would be to either approach or follow our characters as they move. Examples of this could be that we use the slider to move closer to a character as they walk towards the camera or to slide and track characters as they move through the frame.  

Crane Footage:








Use of Technique
I think that we could use the crane in order to establish our characters. We could move the camera on the crane around our characters to allow us to introduce them or to follow pan across them. This would allow us to add movement instead of having a static shot of our characters.

Wide Aperture (Bokeh) Footage:








Use of Technique
I think that we could use wide aperture to make our characters stand out during night scenes. A more "normal looking" shot could make it differentiate our subject from the darkness. However, a wider aperture could make the subject stand out more, allowing us to see them better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Production Blog Post 12/6

Over the past couple weeks I have worked to finish my film and complete the post production stage of the project. During this time I filmed a few remaining scenes, edited everything together, and color graded. With the film now being complete, this is my reflection on the post production process. A Change To Dialogue The biggest thing that happened during the final bits of post production has to do with dialogue. Prior to the filming of the remaining scenes, I took a look at the script for those scenes. After reading through the dialogue, I noticed that even after trying to make it seem more natural, it sounded like a script. Then, I re-watched scenes that were shot during production and their dialogue also sounded awful. At this point I wasn't sure how I could re-write dialogue and have it sound good especially with very limited time. Then, I thought about just removing the dialogue, leaving the film as a "silent film". I went back and re-edited what I had already done,

Elements and Principles of Cinematography

Bird's Eye  Curved Lines  Diagonal Lines  Emphasis  Formal Balance  Framing  Horizontal Lines  Informal Balance  Leading Lines  Movement/Rhythm Proportion/Scale  Repetition  Rule of Thirds  Simplicity  Unity  Variety  Vertical Lines  Worm's Eye

End of MP 2 Blog Post