Skip to main content

Production Blog Post 10/21

Following the completion of pre-production, I advanced to the production stage of my project. The following is what I accomplished:

Filming

As planned, I began filming for my project on October 12. During this one filming date, I was able to accomplish all of the filming required for my film. The process of filming that day had gone very smoothly. All of my actors arrived on time with all required materials, listened to what I asked them to do, and stayed enthusiastic the entire time. The weather cooperated with us for the most part during our outdoor shooting time. At one point, it did begin to rain, but after breaking for lunch and coming back, we were able to continue. For the most part, I followed what I had outlined on my storyboard, making additions and adjustments along the way. This also stayed true with the script. For most of the logistics of filming (How I was going to actually do somethings), I figured most of that out on the spot. Shown below are two videos, with one showing how me figuring out how to accomplish what I wanted to do, and the other being the final product.
Filming the interviews were one of the last things that we completed. I set up an area to film the interviews using the knowledge I had gained during a previous week's investigation. The final result for the interviews seemed to be fairly decent. I feel that I have enough content from the interviewees to make the documentary, but more would have probably been better.

Narration

At this point, I do have a version of my narration completed. This version likely however will not be the final version that I use within my film. The reasoning behind this is because this version was recorded without the final edit in front of me. The ways that I spoke within the narration may possibly not fit within the context of the clips as I originally planned. However, completing the narration for a first version was still a huge production success. I am now familiar with the script, what I want to say, and how I want to say it. Hopefully, my narration will be easy to perfect with this knowledge, helping make the final product even better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Investigation 3/1: The Tools Of Camera Stability

One of the most important aspects of cinematography that goes commonly unnoticed is having the camera steady. Even a slight amount of movement within a shot can pull the audience away from the film, so it is important to attempt to have shots. There are multiple different ways that you can use to stabilize your camera, some of which are more effective than others. Tripod Using a tripod is the easiest way to stabilize the camera while filming. By having three points of contact with the ground, a tripod keeps the camera extremely stable. The camera would likely only move due to very large movements on the ground or strong winds. The one downside to using a tripod is that it has to remain stationary. If the required shot involves moving around, a tripod can likely not be used. Overall, the tripod is the easiest, simplest, and cheapest way to keep your camera steady. (Image Source) Shoulder Rig A shoulder mount is one way to keep the camera stable while also being able to mov...

Elements and Principles of Cinematography

Bird's Eye  Curved Lines  Diagonal Lines  Emphasis  Formal Balance  Framing  Horizontal Lines  Informal Balance  Leading Lines  Movement/Rhythm Proportion/Scale  Repetition  Rule of Thirds  Simplicity  Unity  Variety  Vertical Lines  Worm's Eye

Inglourious Basterds Review

What is a Spaghetti Western: Spaghetti Western is a sub-genre of the Western Genre which originally formed in the 1960's. Spaghetti Westerns are typically directed by an Italian with actors comprising of Germans, Italians, Spaniards, and Americans. Films that are considered to be apart of the Spaghetti Western sub-genre typically have less dialogue while focusing more on action. The action in the films are overly violent in comparison to other Western films which could cause censorship issues.  Why did Tarantino use this genre for a WWII Film: A possible reason as to why Tarantino chose Inglourious Basterds to be a Spaghetti Western rather than a war film could be for the film to be focused more of character interaction than the large scale violence seen in war films. In Inglourious Basterds, the audience does get to experience the second World War through the words and actions of real people rather than soldiers fighting in a war. Violence is still included at points...