Skip to main content

MP 2 Reflections

Now that we have finally completed presentations on the work completed over the second marking period, I am able to look over the work that everyone has created and determine what I can take away from it.

Sean's Work

Since Sean mainly likes to focus on writing, it was refreshing to watch a film that he made. While he had originally planned out his production to be more detailed, he had ended up not following his plan as much. Despite not following his plan, he still managed to create an engaging film. His story was interesting and was created without any spoken dialogue. Sean's photography was also nice to look at and I really enjoyed his use of color within some of his images.

Kristina's Work

Along with a few examples of photography, Kristina showed off two different films that she had produced. The first of which was a documentary style film about her friend Maya and her struggles with Leukemia and the second was a vlog style video about cooking with her friend John. The documentary was great, with nice interviews and good production quality. The story was engaging and is what brought the whole film together. Her vlog was fun to watch and her editing added a lot of comedic moments to it.

Caden's Work

The music video that Caden edited during the second marking period was very enjoyable to watch. I typically do not watch music videos but I did enjoy this music video. The style of editing was very engaging to watch and I particularly liked his insane use of colors throughout the entire video. After seeing what else Caden can do other than the vlog he created last marking period, I am excited to see what else he does.

Sofia's Work

Sofia has continued to do the same type of work that she had been doing since the first marking period. She created two videos as well as continued to do photography for this marking period. Her first film was a music video. The video was very well put together. It included various different effects that are typical for music videos and I really enjoyed her use of multiple different aspect ratios. Her second video was a promotional video for a brand. This video was intriguing with its quick editing and peaks my interest to learn more about the brand.

Alaina's Work

Alaina created a simple digital scene of a bathroom. She created a model of a bathtub, mirror, and sink that all share a similar visual look. I really enjoyed the simplicity of her scene. With the ability to create whatever you would want through digital modeling, it might seem weird to create something as simple as a bathroom. However, by making a simple scene Alaina managed to create something interesting because it was simple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Production Blog Post 12/6

Over the past couple weeks I have worked to finish my film and complete the post production stage of the project. During this time I filmed a few remaining scenes, edited everything together, and color graded. With the film now being complete, this is my reflection on the post production process. A Change To Dialogue The biggest thing that happened during the final bits of post production has to do with dialogue. Prior to the filming of the remaining scenes, I took a look at the script for those scenes. After reading through the dialogue, I noticed that even after trying to make it seem more natural, it sounded like a script. Then, I re-watched scenes that were shot during production and their dialogue also sounded awful. At this point I wasn't sure how I could re-write dialogue and have it sound good especially with very limited time. Then, I thought about just removing the dialogue, leaving the film as a "silent film". I went back and re-edited what I had already done,

Elements and Principles of Cinematography

Bird's Eye  Curved Lines  Diagonal Lines  Emphasis  Formal Balance  Framing  Horizontal Lines  Informal Balance  Leading Lines  Movement/Rhythm Proportion/Scale  Repetition  Rule of Thirds  Simplicity  Unity  Variety  Vertical Lines  Worm's Eye

End of MP 2 Blog Post